Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Michael Giacchino

For those of you who do not know who Michael Giacchino is, let me introduce his work to you. Michael Giacchino is an American film and video game composer whom I am a huge fan of. Here is a short list of some of his works:

Star Trek (2009)
Up (2009)
Alias, the series
Lost, the series
Medal of Honor video game series
Mission Impossible III

To give you an example of how some other people view Mr. Giacchino's work, one quote I heard was that Michael Giacchino is the next John Williams (which, is probably one of the nicest things you can say to someone who composes scores for movies etc.).

Mr. Giacchino's scores, for a lack of a better word, are extremely memorable. Every time I hear one of his compositions, I am instantly reminded of the part of the movie that the score is from, or the exact level the music represents from some of my favorite video games (Medal of Honor instantly comes to mind, especially "Arnhem" from "Medal of Honor: Frontline").

I invite all to experience this man's music. The previous quotation about him being the next John Williams is fitting, seeing how, like with Mr. Williams, I can always pick out a Michael Giacchino score and the corresponding movie that goes with it!

Here's to winning your first oscar, Mike, you freakin' definitely deserve it. And also, please keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment